Hosting a holiday can be stressful, but it doesn’t need to be! Here are some helpful tips to make for a smooth and enjoyable first holiday in your new home…
- PLAN AHEAD
There are quite a few things that you can complete before the big day.
- Organize your thoughts by making a timeline and a master “todo list.”
- Finalize your menu and shopping list.
- Bake desserts in advance, most don’t need to be fresh from the oven.
- Set the table the night before or even earlier in the week.
- Decorate the house.
- PREP YOUR KITCHEN
If your kitchen is ready to go, the cooking and cleaning will be easy, breezy.
- Clear out the fridge/freezer to make room for all the delicious dishes.
- Clear and clean the counters.
- Take inventory of the ingredients you already have.
- Don’t forget about leftovers, make sure you have plastic containers, baggies, and wrap ready to go.
- DAY OF NOTABLES
Make the best of the day by not complicating things.
- Keep breakfast simple.
- Don’t experiment with new recipes, stick with what you know.
- Have cocktails or wine ready for your guests.
- Delegate as much as possible, never turn down help.
- Keeps snacks straightforward and put them in a room outside of the kitchen so the kitchen is all yours.
- Enjoy the holiday with your family and friends.