It’s time to kiss the summer weather goodbye and say hello to the brisk air and gorgeous colors of autumn.
If you’re looking to extend your porch-sitting season a bit longer or spice up your welcome mat for guests at your new home, keep reading for some fun, easy ideas to decorate your stoop, porch, or garden this fall.
• Add color! Simple pops of autumn color make for a great touch. Pick up some seasonally-perfect mums for a container or a throw pillow for an outdoor chair or couch. Looking for a creative way to showcase the flowers? Try placing them inside of a red vintage wagon.
• Layer with haystacks, crates, and baskets and add cornstalks and tall urn garden containers for height.
• Decorate with pumpkins, gourds, pinecones, and scarecrows. Mixing and matching pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors add a nice rustic feel.
• Carving your address or street number into one of the pumpkins on your stoop brings a personalized and clever extra.
• Have an outdoor table? Top it with a bowl full of pinecones, leaves, pumpkins, apples, or whichever fall favorites you’d like. Ornamental cabbage or flowering kale also make for a nice centerpiece.
• An autumn wreath on your front door and a seasonally-perfect welcome mat offer a warm greeting to family and guests.
• Keep a blanket handy. If you’re someone who plans to enjoy this season on your front stoop or on a piece of outdoor furniture, you’ll want that homemade quilt or something cozy nice and close.
Call us today at 815-439-9000 or visit our website at homesbycore.com to learn more about this delightful Channahon community.
Connect with Us!